As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives. It provides viable, forward-looking solutions for political, economic, ecological and social development in a globalised world. GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis. For more information see: www.giz.de
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, new regional BMWi-KIPA institutional partnership is seeking to fill the position of:
Project Assistant (part-time 75%)
The purpose of the 2021/22 multilateral administrative partnership of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi) with the Kosovo Institute of Public Administration (KIPA), the Albanian School of Public Administration (ASPA), the Montenegrin Human Resources Authority (HRMA) and the Training Center of the Secretariat of European Affairs (SEA-TC) in North-Macedonia is to contribute to improving the digitalization and connectivity of vocational training and further education in the public service in the Western Balkans, to develop common standards for digital further education and thus to improve the implementation of the Stabilization and Association Agreements (SAA) with the EU. This administrative partnership builds on previous cooperation with the KIPA. KIPA and the learning management system set up that was put into operation remain the central location and starting point for the provision of services through the project. The project is divided into three components: an inception phase, component 1 on developing basic digital training competence, component 2 on developing digital EU training modules and component 3 about connectivity and networking, to multilaterally explore the possibilities and needs of standardizing digital training.
The overall purpose of the post
The Project Assistant to Project Leader (PL) in the BMWi funded multilateral administrative partnership of BMWi with the KIPA, ASPA, HRMA and SEA-TC.
The Project Leader will supervise the project implementation and coordinate all activities. The Project Assistant will support the Project Leader in all relevant activities (for further explications see below). He will be located in an office at the premises of KIPA. The project will be carried out predominantly digitally and online.
GIZ, which is supporting the BMWi in the project and financial management, will be the contracting institution to the Project Assistant.
During the inception phase that will last until the end of May, it will be determined if the project can be carried out as planned. In case of a positive decision, the current contract period for the technical project assistant will be until December 2021 with an option for an extension until December 2022.
Main task and responsibilities
Under the guidance of the Project Leader and in cooperation with the contact point of the beneficiary institution, the Project Assistant will be expected to carry out the following duties:
- General support to the PL in terms of performing necessary project management tasks including supporting and keeping track of the installation and maintenance of learning management systems (LMS) with training developing teams of the partner institutions
- Coordinating and tutoring training teams of partner institutions in system administration according to the technical requirements of the project components and activities
- Providing assistance to the PL in technical preparation and support of bilateral or multilateral video conference meetings
- Providing assistance to the PL and project experts using and working with web-applications;
- Assisting the PL and project experts to ensure good communication and coordination between the partners of the multilateral administrative partnership, particularly with the KIPA management
- Providing assistance in creating, updating and maintaining websites
- Liaising with the GIZ office in Pristina and handling of administrative matters
- Providing assistance to incoming short-term experts when needed.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
University degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- experience with Linux Server Administration
- at least 5 years of work experience in office management in the public or private sector,
- at least 5 years of proven experience in the management of enterprise IT projects,
- proven skills and practical experience in the installation, maintenance and practical application of learning management systems like ILIAS
- proven ability to develop modern websites
- very good knowledge of English.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- knowledge of German an added value
- excellent communication, management, writing and intercultural skills.
Location: GIZ Project Office-Pristina
Expected start date: February 2021
How to apply?
Interested and, suitably qualified and experienced candidates are invited to submit their electronic application in English, in PDF version, to firstname.lastname@example.org
- CV (Europass template is recommended)
- Letter of motivation
- Diploma(s), references/recommendations
- Subject of the email: Name & Surname – Project Assistant – GIZ BMWi-KIPA
Applications that do not meet these rules will not be considered!
Deadline for the application: 2nd of February 2021
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited to the next stage of recruitment.
GIZ encourages female candidates, candidates from ethnic communities as well as candidates with disability to apply.