Position: Project Assistant on the project ''Enhancing Youth Cooperation and Youth Exchange in the Western Balkans 6'' supported by the European Union (EU)
- Work base: RYCO Head Office, Tirana, Albania
- Deadline for applications: 13 August 2020
- Expected beginning of the contract: end of August 2020
- Duration of the contract: 9 months (with the possiblity of extension up to 16 months)
- Status in RYCO: Project Staff
For the background, please click here.
The Project Assistant is a RYCO Project Staff with a principal focus on assisting the Project Coordinator on the delivery of the Project outcome and outputs. The Project Assistant will work under the supervision of RYCO Project Coordinator and will be responsible for the assistance in the implementation of Project activities. All duties performed by the Project Assistant will be in line with RYCO rules and procedures, as well as donor requirements.
- Assists in overall project implementation in close consultation and coordination with the Project Coordinator;
- Assists in project implementation and coordination of the different components in order to maximize efficiency and funds' use for results;
- Assists in planning and coordination of Project's activities by ensuring adherence to agreed timetables required resources;
- Assists in preparation and ensure assistance in timely preparation and submission of required reports; performs other coordination tasks and appropriate for the successful implementation of the Project;
- Assists in preparation of progress, financial and ad-hoc reports as and when required;
- Conducts administrative and technical tasks;
- Archives the financial and program documentation;
- Collects general information related to the scope of work of RYCO (reports, publications, researches, strategic documents) and prepares materials as input for the design of RYCO program activities;
- Performs other duties related to RYCO scope of work as and when required.
- Bachelor degree with minimum three (3) years of higher education;
- At least three (3) years of proven experience in the implementation of project/program activities;
- Demonstrated familiarity and understand of youth policy and youth work;
- Good understanding of the socio-political context of the Western Balkan region;
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple tasks;
- Time management skills and excellent problem-solving ability;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills,
- Highly motivated, responsible, self-directed, resourceful and flexible;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office;
- Proficient command of English;
- Knowledge of Albanian, Bosnian, Croatian, Macedonian, Montenegrin, Serbian and/or other local languages will be an asset;
- Previous experience in youth, intercultural and reconciliation related projects will be an asset.
Interested and qualified candidates need to enclose following documents to the application:
- Application Form (Please indicate in your Application Form the position you are applying for)
- CV (Europass CV format)
- Scanned copy of higher education degree
- Scanned passport copy
- One written letter of recommendation
The Application Form, the letter of recommendation and the Europass CV must be in English.
Additional documents will be required for shortlisted candidates.
Applications can be submitted by e-mail only.
If you are interested to apply for this position and you fulfill all the criteria, please send your application containing all necessary documents by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 13 August 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.