Position: Program Officer
NDI Kosovo seeks a program officer with experience in media environment monitoring and analysis and, ideally, an understanding of the political environment in Kosovo, political parties and the National Assembly of Kosovo. The program officer will work with NDI’s Parliament team which develops and conducts training, and provides assistance to parties, parliamentarians, women and youth, and communities. The program officer reports to the Program Manager and is expected to work remotely for a period of time.
Activities under this program will focus on providing assistance in managing certain program components which will support and assist in organizing skills building sessions with women and youth, as well as political party officials. The program is based in Pristina, with travel throughout Kosovo, as appropriate.
- Assist in the management of the overall implementation of NDI’s program in Kosovo
- Provide analysis of the information and media space in Kosovo. This could include a particular focus on political disinformation, computational propaganda, social media bots, mitigating actors, and the impact of the information environment on information integrity
- Regularly consult with local partners to ensure their participation in efforts to counter the impact of disinformation and its effect on the information space in Kosovo
- Assist in designing disinformation observation methodology in cooperation with external consultants
- Draft and/ or edit agendas, terms of reference, briefing materials, and trainer reports for training and conferences.
- Report on program activity, conduct performance evaluation and revise program design as needed.
- Translate of materials and documents for program activities.
- Provide support for training and conferences and other events.
- Assist in providing program reports.
- Other tasks as required.
- Minimum bachelor degree in social science or equivalent experience
- Minimum two years of relevant work experience
- Excellent oral and written Albanian and English language skills
- Serbian language – a welcome addition
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Kosovo political situation
- Experience with disinformation monitoring, and media analyses
- Detail oriented; Self-motivated; Flexible
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills to effectively present information in a clear and persuasive manner
- Analytical skills for interpreting complex political issues
Successful applicants should submit a cover letter, CV/resume and contacts of minimum two references via email at email@example.com before 11:59 pm, October 4th, 2020. No phone calls will be answered.