Position: Program Assistant
NDI Kosovo seeks a program officer with experience in program managing and training to support activities with political parties and the National Assembly of Kosovo. The program officer will work with the team to develop and conduct training, consultation and assistance to parties, parliamentarians, women and youth, and communities. The program officer reports to the Program Manager and is expected to work remotely for a period of time.
Activities under this program will focus on providing assistance in managing certain program components which will support and assist in organizing skills building sessions with women and youth, as well as political party officials. The program is based in Prishtina, with travel throughout Kosovo, as appropriate.
- Coordinate skills building sessions for partners.
- Assist with maintaining regular communication with partners.
- Provide logistical support for training and conferences: including scheduling, invitations, arranging locations, arranging transportations, arranging meals, contacting media.
- Analyze and monitor the media and information environment in Kosovo
- Assist in liaising with local actors engaged in similar work.
- Assist in providing written reports
- Draft or edit agendas, ToR, briefing materials and reports for training and conferences
- Translate materials and documents for program activities.
- Translate during meetings, conferences and training.
- Conduct desk research on key program components
- Minimum bachelor degree in social science or equivalent experience
- Excellent oral and written Albanian and English language translation and interpretation skills
- Serbian language skills – a welcome addition
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Kosovo political situation
- Detail oriented
Successful applicants should submit a cover letter, CV/resume and contacts of minimum two references via email at firstname.lastname@example.org before 11:59 pm, October 4th, 2020. No phone calls will be answered.