The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Job Category Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (Policy & Political roles)
Job Subcategory CSSF - Conflict Stability and Security Fund
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
Due to COVID-19, you may experience some delay in the progress of this recruitment campaign. We are working hard to minimise any disruption. You may find more information in the Additional Information section below.
The British Embassy in Kosovo is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking for a Policy Delivery Assistant - Democratisation to support administratively the delivery of the UK’s policy and programmes in the field of Democratisation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Policy/Projects - In close co-operation with the line manager, take the lead in delivering our Democratisation project work-stream. Provide support for internal political work, and where needed provide back-up cover to Communications Officer. Provide additional support to other sections where required. Develop contacts and advise on policy and project delivery;
- Project and Programme Management and Administration - Assist policy delivery officers in designing projects and identifying implementing partners. Maintain close contact with project implementers, monitor project progress and track project deliverables. Prepare quarterly and annual reports. Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs;
- Finance - Work closely with implementers and Embassy finance staff on invoice processing, supplier set-up, funding projections, forecasting, and budgeting. Regular updates of Prism and Hyperion.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Fluent oral and written English and Albanian (C1 level according to CEFR*);
- Bachelor's degree;
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience, including evidence of engaging stakeholders, customers and partners at all levels;
- Ability and skills to manage a wide variety of projects, ensuring financial and procedural compliance from a number of project implementers, both local and international. Have a good eye for detail and be able to apply effective scrutiny to activities and budgets, evaluating impact and drafting high quality narrative and financial project reporting;
- Ability to lead on business planning activities for his/her areas of responsibility;
- Ability to process and understand large amounts of data and information, turning this it into concise and accurate reports;
- Fully competent in the use of Microsoft Office tools;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and confidence in dealing with senior level people;
- Be a self starter, be deadline-oriented, and have good problem-solving skills;
- Constructive, positive and service orientated attitude;
- Excellent organisational skills for document and record management;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to prioritise workloads where required.
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Sector specific expertise in the field of democratisation would be helpful;
- Knowledge of Serbian language.
Required competencies Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace, Engaging Internationally
Application deadline 28 January 2021
Grade A2 (L)
Type of Position Fixed Term, Full-time
Working hours per week 36 Net hours
Duration of Post 6 months
Region Europe, Eastern Europe & Central Asia
Location (City) Pristina
Type of Post British Embassy
Number of vacancies 1
Starting monthly salary (EUR) 1,236.25
Start Date 1 March 2021
Other benefits and conditions of employment
This is a 6.5 months fixed term contract for a maternity cover, for a full-time position of 5 working days and 36 net hours per week.
The monthly salary for this position is 1.236,25 EUR minimum gross, payable 12 times a year. The annual leave entitlement is 20 days per year pro rata and the Embassy enjoys an average of 14 public holidays per year.
The Embassy operates a system of flexible working hours. The job holder may be required to travel within and outside of Kosovo. Some work (including travel) will be required during the evenings and occasionally weekends, for which time off in lieu or overtime (where applicable) will be given.
This post is unsuitable for working from home.
The successful candidate is required to start as soon as possible, and will need to achieve a level of security vetting applicable to the role. Candidates that are not able to do so will not be able to take up the post.
Employees recruited locally by the British Embassy in Pristina are subject to the Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Kosovo, as interpreted by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
All applicants must be legally able to work in the country of application with the correct visa/status or work permit.
Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: E.g., certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
Any questions you may have about this position will be answered during the interview, should you be invited.
Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework.
The British Embassy will never ask you to pay a fee or money to apply for a position.
Additional information *Please note Common European Framework of Reference for Languages:
Please refer to the “Common European Framework of Reference for Languages”. We are looking for a C1 level or equivalent. CEFR indicates Level C1 as mastery or proficiency level which can understand a wide range of demanding, longer texts, and recognise implicit meaning. Can express him/herself fluently and spontaneously without much obvious searching for expressions. Can use language flexibly and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes. Can produce clear, well-structured, detailed text on complex subjects, showing controlled use of organisational patterns, connectors and cohesive devices. For more information please click on the following link CEFR. Please bear in mind in case you are invited for an interview your languages skills are going to be assessed.
Please bear in mind in case you are invited for an interview your languages skills are going to be assessed.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
Additional Information (due to Covid-19):
You may experience some delay in the progress of this recruitment campaign and we are working hard to minimise any disruption;
Interviews will be done remotely if the existing situation determines this to be the right course of action;
Starting date may be delayed depending on circumstances at the time and it will be agreed with the selected candidate.