Wallencore is looking for a passionate individual with the desire to take part in conducting penetration tests for various international clients. This candidate will assist with setting up the stage and conducting procured penetration tests to uncover potential underlying vulnerabilities for our clients.
Job Title: Penetration Tester
The Penetration Tester is a high impact technical position within Wallencore’s software testing branch. You will focus on conducting procured penetration tests to our government and commercial clients with the aim of providing them with security assessments of their web and mobile applications, as well as their underlying infrastructure. The ideal candidate must be comfortable in taking charge and seeing that a penetration test unfolds in a structured and efficient manner and must have a can-do attitude. In addition, the Penetration Tester will support the project internally and is responsible for tasks and assignments associated with the information security field.
- Design and develop the methodology to be used in penetration tests.
- Perform security tests on networks.
- Perform security tests on web-based applications.
- Perform security tests on computer systems.
- Conduct security assessments of servers, systems, and network infrastructure.
- Conduct vulnerability scans in servers, systems, and network infrastructure.
- Uncover vulnerabilities in servers, systems, and network infrastructure.
- Exploit vulnerabilities in servers, systems, and network infrastructure.
- Conduct privilege escalation and pivoting in target systems.
- Improves the quality of penetration testing procedures to meet customer needs.
- Improves the security systems, processes, and policies in support of the organization's mission specifically, support better management reporting and information flow.
- Provide training and support to employees on different standards and subjects as assigned.
- Maintains continuity of work operations by documenting and communicating needed actions to management, discovering irregularities, determining continuing needs.
- Identifies and implements new technology and resources; redesigns systems; recommends re-deployment of designated resources.
- Monitors end-user feedback and systems development efforts to facilitate the continuing improvement of documentation.
- Accomplishes division and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Use penetration testing tools from the suite of Kali Linux or ParrotOS.
- Use Web Application Penetration Testing tools such as Burp Suite.
- Use Cyber Threat Intelligence and Incident Response tools such as: TheHive, Cortex, and MISP.
- Ability to conduct and manage multiple complex pen testing projects simultaneously.
- Ability to monitor activity, progress, and time-related objective development using a project planning tool.
- Create and maintains dashboards, presentation decks, and other materials based on the job role.
- Write security assessment reports, that clearly document all the findings of a penetration test, including proposals for mitigation strategies for uncovered vulnerabilities.
- Performs quality assurance checks on security assessment reports.
- Support and maintain the global knowledge base and repository for best practice documents, key tools, and templates.
- Use tools such as Articulate, Camtasia, Brainshark, Cornerstone, WebEx to create interactive security assessment deliverables.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the top management.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in the fields of Cyber Security, Computer Science, Information Security, IT Engineering, Information Systems, a related field of study, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 2+ years of related experience.
- Experience in working with company/client or equivalent vendor-mandated methodologies.
- Proficiency in English with excellent academic writing skills.
- Experience with penetration testing standards and methodologies such as: OWASP, PTES, PCI DSS, OSSTMM, ISSAF, NIST Cybersecurity Framework, MITRE ATT&CK, etc.
- Experience in different penetration testing strategies such as: Black Box, White Box, and Grey Box.
- Extensive knowledge of computer networks.
- Extensive knowledge of cryptography, reverse engineering, and wireless technologies.
- Knowledge of common security protocols and the technologies used to exploit those protocols.
- Familiarity with the OSI Model and TCP/IP Model.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Proficient in Linux based operating systems such as Ubuntu, Kali Linux, Parrot OS, etc.
- Proficient in security assessment tools such as Aircrack-ng, Burp Suite, Shodan, etc.
- Comfortable using the command line interface of Linux Terminals.
- Experience in setting up virtual machines using virtualization software such as Virtual Box, VMware.
- Ability to apply structured problem solving (taking a large, complex problem, and breaking it down into components, involve others as needed, drive resolution).
- Ability to set a vision and drive tactical execution, willing to roll-up the sleeves to complete projects in an environment with competing deadlines.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced changing environment; ability to be flexible and resilient.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to organize and prioritize effectively.
- High aptitude for managing and solving tactical issues.
- Impact, influence, and successful stakeholder engagement experience across multiple sites and levels of leadership from new managers to senior leaders.
- The meticulous approach towards the delivery of their work with an eye for details.
- Poise, maturity, and interpersonal skills to deal professionally and effectively with senior management.
- Polished communication skills, active listener, and ability to synthesize high-level technical information.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to create viable solutions, innovation, and ability to execute flawlessly.
- Passion for the business-driven and committed;
- Great Team player;
- High integrity;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with different personalities and temperaments;
- Flexible and adaptable to a rapidly changing environment;
- Able to work autonomously and proactively;
- Proven influencer and negotiator;
- Creative and excellent problem solver;
- Self-starter and self-motivator;
- Ability to multi-task;
- "Can-Do" approach to a wide and rapidly changing workload;
- Willingness and ability to accommodate different time zones;
- Willingness to work from time to time over extended hours to achieve goals set by the immediate manager or top management.
What will you benefit:
- Private Health Insurance;
- Opportunity for employment in a global company;
- Continuous professional development through on the job training.
Place of work:
Prishtinë, Republic of Kosova.
How to apply:
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please send your CV, letter of motivation and supportive documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 16, 2020, at the latest. Please state clearly “Wallencore Penetration Tester and your full name” in the subject line.