External Call for Applications 2-2020 for local staff
The EULEX Kosovo Mission is inviting qualified candidates to apply for its currently short-term vacant Local Staff positions in the Medical Unit and the Security and Safety Department to meet its current operational demands created by COVID-19 pandemic situation.
- Title: Nurse/General Practice, Temporary Job Opening
- Ref. no: LST 0003
- Region: Pristina
- Grade: 3
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic the EULEX Mission is increasing its medical team to meet the demands placed on its health services.
While this temporary assignment may provide the successful applicant with an opportunity to gain new work experience, the selection for this position is for a limited period and has no bearing on the future incumbency of the post.
The contract is for a period of six (6) months. A possibility of extension will be assessed close to the end of the initial contract based on the development of the COVID-19 situation.
Incumbent of this position will be allowed to have additional part-time work provided that the required 38.5 hours per week is dedicated to EULEX Kosovo and a combine working week time of 60 hours is not exceeded.
He/She reports to the Doctor in the medical facility and to the International Nurse in Pristina.
- To work in the out-patient clinic & the nursing facility, Emergency Room and Ambulance Emergency Medical Service;
- To respond to emergency calls and assist doctors in providing adequate care and performing respective duties in the treatment of the patient;
- To perform ECG, and other medical exam such as blood tests, glucose and urine test as required;
- To prepare patient for different intervention and escort patient to other medical facilities as required;
- To perform shift duties and on-call including nights and week-ends;
- To perform nursing care and generally all activities related to her professional capacity;
- To be responsible for Emergency Room and doctor’s consultation rooms, insure that all equipment are ready for use and functional e.g. Defibrillator, ECG machine, glucometer, etc;
- To receive patients and to record the necessary data for effective treatment;
- To ensure safety of the patients in performance of duty;
- To communicate with patients and update the doctors in the clinic;
- To maintain patient records and exercise confidentiality;
- To accord to the patients fair and equal treatment regardless of ethnic background;
- To undertake any other work-related task as
- Registered Nurse who is graduated with an accredited Nursing School Diploma or a Bachelor Nursing Degree. Certificates in CPR – Advanced/Basic Life Support would be an
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience in the application of nursing skills; Candidates with recent professional experience will be preferred;
- Fluency in oral and written English, Albanian or Serbian language;
- Knowledge and hands on experience in clinical (Intensive Care & Emergency) nursing;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect diversity;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Willingness to learn and keep abreast of new developments in nursing field;
- General computer skills and working knowledge of MS Office
The overview of these short-term advertised vacant positions with their job descriptions can be found in the following link: Job Description
There is no deadline for application & the interviews will be held when there is a sufficient number of qualified candidates for each vacancy.
In order to apply, please visit the Online Application Form.