Global Communities is an international development non-profit organization. Our mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
Global Communities is implementing the USAID-funded Up to Youth Activity in Kosovo, a five-year, positive youth development project working with youth 15 – 24 years of age. Our goal is to empower youth to make a positive impact on their communities and build youth resiliency to risky behaviors. Our activity has three (3) primary objectives:
- Objective 1: Mobilize Youth to be forces for positive change;
- Objective 2: Develop and demonstrate life/soft skills among youth; and,
- Objective 3: Develop, build and support resilience partners in fostering an environment for youth to engage in a positive and meaningful way.
Global Communities is seeking one (1) youth to offer structured internship opportunity working directly with activity staff in engaging stakeholders and implementing project activities. This internship will offer an important opportunity for youth to have increased responsibilities and act as forces for positive change in their communities – but also develop and use targeted life/soft skills for positive change. The internship lasts six (6) months, at approximately 20 hours per week. The Intern will receive a small stipend and written certification of his/her contributions to Up to Youth at the end of the internship.
The selected intern will be working in the Pristina office, with the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning team. The intern is expected to be able to participate in all of the Key Responsibilities mentioned below, with a stronger focus on administration support.
In keeping with the activity’s strong positive youth development (PYD) approach, the youth intern will participate in technical activities, supporting Up to Youth trainings, collecting primary qualitative data generated through focus groups, engaging community stakeholders, and facilitating meetings, all under the guidance of Up to Youth staff. The Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Intern will provide the following services:
- Work collaboratively with Up to Youth staff to maximize productivity and contribute to the entire project lifecycle;
- Collect qualitative and quantitative data using paper-based tools as well as an online platform, under the supervision and guidance of MEL team;
- Conduct data transfers from paper-based to online platforms;
- Assist MEL team with data processing and analysis;
- Complete assigned administrative tasks, such as conduct research and email correspondence;
- Demonstrate commitment to activity needs and confidentiality continuously; and,
- Other duties as required from Up to Youth staff.
Intern Requirements and Qualifications
- Internship is open to youth from Kosovo between the ages of 18 - 24 years;
- Currently studying a relevant field in university, or bachelor’s degree in a relevant field;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Keen attention to detail and an aptitude for problem solving;
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office;
- Collaborative working style and team-player attitude;
- English language skills are preferred; and
- Must be able to commit for a period of six (6) months.
How to Apply
- Please send your applications with CVs and cover letters to the following address kosovorecruitment@KosovoUpToYouth.org;
- Please state “Last Name, First Name – MEL Intern” in the subject line of your email. “Last Name” and “First Name” shall be that of the applicant;
- Applications will be accepted through 5PM on Friday, January 29, 2021. Applications received after that time will not be considered;
- Global Communities provides equal opportunities to all applicants, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, parental status, or political affiliation.
Members of marginalized groups are highly encouraged to apply.