Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
Duty Station: Pristina, United Nations Security Council (UNSC) resolution 1244 administered Kosovo
Classification : General Service, G4
Type of Appointment : Special Fixed term, 6 months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date: 18 April 2021
Under the direct supervision of the National Programme Officer and the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission, in coordination with Regional Evaluation Officer, the successful candidate will assist in the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of IOM Kosovo programmes.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assist in implementation of IOM Kosovo activities and programmes as
- Assist in development and implementation of monitoring and evaluation tools and procedures to collect, store and report accurate, timely and comparable data that can be used to strengthen IOM Kosovo programmes. Ensure that complete, accurate, clean and consistent data is shared with National Programme Officer and Chief of Mission for data analysis and action planning. Assist in data analysis;
- Conduct data quality checks in the field and ensure accuracy and completeness of survey questionnaires and other relevant data collection tools and address any anomalies identified;
- Assist in development and keep the M&E database up to date and help programme staff prepare high quality reports;
- Ensure proper filing of M&E documents including questionnaires, monitoring reports, datasets among others;
- Provide support to improve IOM's and project visibility, capturing stories from the field and/or other stakeholders;
- Perform other duties as assigned by National Programme Officer or Chief of
Required Qualifications and Experience
- High school degree with four years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree at bachelor or equivalent or higher from an accredited academic institution and a minimum of two years of work
- Experience in implementation of complex projects in diverse and dynamic
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and/ performance monitoring
- Experience in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout
- Experience in designing and managing beneficiary monitoring and database
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g. qualitative, quantitative, mixed- method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
- Experience in planning and managing
- Experience in developing and refining data collection
- Experience with data quality assessments and
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of
- Experience in drafting project and other reports, reviews and formal
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including ability to work under time pressure and meet
- Excellent writing skills in English and ability to collect and analyze information in order to develop complex ideas and solutions.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities at once, effectively perform multiple tasks and prioritize the
- Good contextual knowledge of migration, local community and social/cultural constraints, realities and organizational
- Proficiency in MS
Fluency in English and local language/s: Albanian and/or Serbian (oral and written).
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
This post is subject to local recruitment. Only persons holding a valid residence and work permit for Kosovo will be eligible for consideration.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications – Personal History Form (klick here to download) and Cover Letter to IOMPristina@iom.int by 18 April 2021 midnight at the latest, referring to SVN 2021/0402 in the subject line.
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 02.04.2021 to 18.04.2021