Project Management Support- Monitoring and Communications Associate
Job categories Communications
Vacancy code VA/2021/B5107/20998
Department/office ECR, AUMCO, Pristina
Duty station Pristina, Kosovo (under UNSCR 1244/99)
Contract type Local ICA Support
Contract level LICA-6
Duration Open-ended, subject to funds availability and satisfactory performance
Application period 06-Jan-2021 to 24-Jan-2021
Background Information - Pristina
UNOPS has been active in Kosovo (under UNSCR 1244/99) since 1999, helping partners achieve their goals in areas such as economic development, education, health, environment, justice, mine action and post-conflict rebuilding of infrastructure and livelihoods. The UNOPS office in Pristina provides services including project management, administrative support, procurement and fund management.
Background Information - Job-specific
Under the overall guidance, direction and supervision of the Project Manager (PM), the Monitoring and Communications Associate (MCA) will contribute to ensuring that the project activities are in compliance and up to date and that reporting requirements to stakeholders are in line with defined project objectives. The MCA will be responsible to provide support for outreach and stakeholder coordination in close consultation with the relevant colleagues.
Specific responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide effective support to the PM on all issues relating to project operations and implementation.
- Ensure accuracy, consistency, filing and record-keeping of all project documents in an efficient manner.
- Support PM in work plan development, update, and monitoring.
- Provide input for the narrative progress reports and other reporting/outreach products as requested by the PM.
- Collect and maintain electronic files of the project related documents.
- Assist in designing project monitoring and evaluation and plan.
- Assist in drafting project progress reports as per the project milestones.
- Coordinates and monitors the work of communications and outreach components of the project.
- Contribute to draft the detailed work plan and strategy on communications and outreach components.
- Provide meaningful assistance in monitoring the project implementation of the CSO’s and coordinate project outreach activities.
- Support the Project Managers’ in preparing press releases and articles on the Projects’ for both internal and external publications.
- Liaise with Reporting focal points of other offices.
- Support communications activities of Pristina Office.
- Assist by developing concepts and approaches and any other activities required for effective lessons learned and sharing within the organization.
- Facilitate execution of any and all project issues as may be required for efficient implementation.
- Secondary school diploma is required.
- A Bachelor degree in communications, journalism media relations or relevant discipline is desirable.
- Certification in communications, monitoring and reporting desirable.
b. Work Experience
- Six years of relevant experience in administrative support services in combination with a secondary school diploma is required. Bachelor’s degree may substitute for years of experience.
- Experience in work with the international aid development sector, including the UN system, international NGOs and International Donors is desirable.
- Previous UNOPS experience is desirable.
- Fluency in English and Albanian or Serbian is required.