- Requisition ID: COM000005
- Contract Type: Special Service Agreement (SSA) / Consultant
- Grade: No grade
- Location: OSCE Mission in Kosovo, Prishtine / Pristina
- Posting Date: Jun 21, 2021
- External Closing Date: Jul 4, 2021
- Target Start Date: Jul 19, 2021
- Job Type: Consultant
- Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (First-level university degree or equivalent)
A Consultant is planned to be hired to give continuity to the support of the OSCE Mission in Kosovo (OSCE) in drafting and evaluating policy documents from the Office of Good Governance (OGG) within the Office of the Prime Minister (OPM). As part of the project, Promotion and Access to Communities’ Rights, Activity 2.1, the OSCE seeks to establish inter-agency co-operation on issues affecting Kosovo Roma, Kosovo Ashkali and Kosovo Egyptian and maximise outputs to use in the drafting process of the new Government Strategy for the Inclusion of Roma and Ashkali communities 2021 and beyond. The strategy aims to promote inclusion of Kosovo Roma and Kosovo Ashkali communities in four priority intervention fields, which are (1) Access to Education, (2) Access to Employment, (3) Access to Healthcare and (4) Housing and Access to Basic Services. OGG has expressly requested support from the OSCE for the local component of the Strategy (municipal mechanisms and co-ordination as well as CSO input) and to strengthen inter-institutional co-operation through the monitoring of the Strategy and its implementation by all stakeholders. Promoting meaningful participation of communities is in line with the EU Roma Strategic Framework for Equality Inclusion and Participation for 2020-2030 which the final policy document will fully reflect.
Objective of Assignment:
The Consultant will support the facilitation and guidance of the local level component of the Strategy, including municipal mechanisms and civil society input, to counteract issues faced by Kosovo Roma and Kosovo Ashkali communities. In co-ordination with the OSCE international Consultant, the local Consultant should ensure these issues are reflected and prioritised with measurable solutions in the Strategy for the Inclusion of Roma and Ashkali communities 2021 and beyond.
The Consultant will organize and facilitate inter-institutional and local level consultative meetings with a range of stakeholders, to improve the inclusion of communities in the Strategy, with specific emphasis on gender and youth. In close co-ordination with the OSCE international consultant, he/she will also develop a monitoring matrix to consolidate the priorities and allow for timely and concrete monitoring of the implementation of the Strategy.
Duration of Assignment:
The Consultant will be engaged for a total of 45 working days
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the OSCE activity manager, co-ordinate assignments with the OSCE International Consultant, the OGG and partners;
- Support organizing five (5) events at local level in order to collect data from relevant stakeholders;
- Support organizing two (2) events at local level within municipalities inhabited by non-majority communities in order to collect data from relevant stakeholders;
- Collect contributions from local meetings and develop a document based on the inputs received from meetings/events organized at the local level with focus on gender and youth;
- Assist in the development of the Strategy focusing on co-ordination between the Government and municipal level institutions, including municipal action committees;
- Assists in the development of the Strategy focusing on the development of local plans based on the Strategy;
- Work closely with the OGG and co-ordinate with the International Consultant engaged by the OSCE in preparing the final version of the Strategy and Action Plan;
- Support translating the Strategy in Albanian and Serbian languages;
- Support conducting proofreading of the Strategy in both Albanian and Serbian version;
- Support in organizing a final event where the draft Strategy and Action Plan are going to be presented;
- Present final report;
- By 21 July 2021, the consultant will have prepared a detailed work plan in consultation with the OSCE international Consultant, OGG, and OSCE activity manager.
- By 20 August 2021, the Consultant will have organized, facilitated, and guided five (5) events at local level and two (2) events at local level within municipalities inhabited by non-majority communities to collect perspectives and inputs for inclusion in the Strategy. A short report with meeting minutes should be submitted to the OSCE activity manager.
- By 30 August 2021, the Consultant will have drafted the local level narrative, to be included in the Strategy and shared it with the OSCE international Consultant, OGG and OSCE activity manager.
- By 10 December 2021, the Consultant, in co-ordination with the international Consultant, will have developed integrated templates and a monitoring matrix for the monitoring of the implementation of the Strategy and shared it with the OGG.
- By 10 December 2021, the consultant will have prepared and submitted to the OSCE activity manager a final report on completed activities and tasks.
- The consultant’s work will be administered through a daily attendance record sheet.
- The consultant’s work will be assessed on the following basis:
- Quality of the documents produced by the consultant for each of the assignments, any other relevant documents;
- Periodic meetings with OGG staff to discuss the consultant’s progress;
- Final report submitted by the consultant to the OSCE
- University degree in a relevant field, e.g. law, political science, social policy.
- Minimum three years professional experience in policy design.
- Excellent knowledge of the community rights legal and policy framework in Kosovo.
- Excellent knowledge of EU frameworks and developments on Roma inclusion.
- Excellent drafting skills.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Excellent command of Albanian and Serbian.
- Sound command of MS Word and MS PowerPoint.
- Proven experience in developing monitoring tools and matrix.
- Sound knowledge of the issues faced by members of Kosovo Roma, Kosovo Ashkali and Kosovo Egyptian communities. Direct professional or voluntary experience in the area is an asset.
- Desirable: Professional experience in the civil society sector and/or in the civil service at either Governmental or municipal level in Kosovo.
Remuneration will depend on the qualifications and experience of individual experts as well as the detailed work plan to be agreed upon and will be based on the current OSCE consultancy rates.
In order to apply for this position you must complete the OSCE's online application form, found under https://jobs.osce.org/. Applicants are encouraged to use the online recruitment and only fully completed OSCEapplications will be accepted. However, if you have technical difficulties with the system you may use the offline application form found under https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/offline-application-form and forward the completed form quoting the vacancy number by e-mail to: email@example.com. In line with your qualifications please indicate preference to one or more field of expertise listed above (while using the online application the field of expertise preference can be indicated in the cover letter part). Kindly note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form or in other languages than the English language would not be considered. The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion
within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply.