HELVETAS Swiss Intercooperation-Kosovo (HELVETAS) implements the programme “Decentralisation and Municipal Support” (DEMOS), a project by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) and co-financed by Sweden and Norway. Currently our project team is looking for:
INTERNS (3 positions)
- Undergraduate (final year of studies), recent graduates or graduate students in the field of political science / public administration, international development, and or related fields;
- For the training program, familiarity with the concepts of capacity building is advantage;
- Internet proficiency (Chrome, IE, etc) and MS Office (Word, Excel);
- Familiar with data collection and analysis;
- Good analytical, oral communications and writing skills;
- Understanding of local government in Kosovo would be considered as an advantage;
- Fluency in English and Albanian;
- Prior experience is welcomed, but not required.
Duties and responsibilities
Following are anticipated duties of the interns:
Two (2) Interns – Training Program
- Support staff in the process of designing, planning and implementation of capacity development activities;
- Maintain a database of training evaluation and or other training activities;
- Support the project staff in monitoring and evaluation of the project including data collection and analysis for monitoring purposes;
- Support in the organization of thematic meetings, events/seminars, as required;
- Assist with filing, copying, scanning and other similar administrative activities;
- Support other project activities as requested by the project team.
One (1) Intern – Research and Policy
- Assist in small scale research related to topics relevant to the project;
- Contribute to, review and comment on policy and research documents compiled by experts;
- Monitor and analyse legislation (legislative program) and policies on local government; gender issues; and other development issues affecting local governance;
- Monitor the work of relevant Kosovo assembly committee’s when necessary and provide summaries of progress on relevant policies;
- Contribute to designing of specific activities and campaigns, i.e., women in politics, mapping of marginalized groups, etc.;
- Support in the organization of events/seminars, as required;
- Support other project activities as requested by the project team
The contract will be valid for three (3) months, starting from 01 April to 30 June 2021, renewable subject to satisfactory performance.
The interns will be based in the HELVETAS Office in Pristina. Please send your CV (indicate in subject line for which internship position you are applying – training program or research and policy), until latest 16 March 2021, 16:00 CET by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only short-listed candidates may be invited for an interview.