ISSUED BY OSCE Mission in Kosovo
VACANCY NUMBER VNKOSC02276
VACANCY TYPE Experts/Consultants
NUMBER OF POSTS 1
DUTY STATION Prishtine / Pristina
DATE OF ISSUE 28 August 2020
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION 13 September 2020 - 23:59 Central European Time (CET/CEST)
Since 2019 the OSCE Mission in Kosovo (Mission) through its Governance Section (GS) has been engaged in supporting young MA members and young MPs through the promotion of a network of young leaders and decision makers. In 2020 the GS foresaw the implementation of workshops during which young MA representatives and young MPs would have shared good practices and developed recommendations for municipal executives, ministerial officials, or legislatures. The COVID-19 outbreak and political developments forced to postpone the workshops to 2021 and reconsider the GS support. Taking into consideration the pandemic crisis and its social impact, the section will be engaged in providing support to young politicians for the design and implementation of strategies meant to preserve democracy and promote social well-being.
For this reason, the GS is seeking to hire an international expert tasked to draft a manual on actions to be taken during a public health crisis, crucial aspects to monitor and strategies to be identified on how to rebuild a society. The document will refer to lessons learned, best practices from other countries, recommendations on actions meant to preserve democracy and promote social cohesion. The manual will be distributed among young MA members, young MPs and attendees of the first meeting of the network of young leaders and decision-makers held in 2019.
The Mission will recruit one international expert tasked to draft a manual to support young politicians on key actions to be taken during a public health crisis like the ongoing pandemic, disaster management techniques combined with references and assessments of Kosovo Response Plan and main publications from relevant institutions The manual will also include recommendations for politicians on how to improve communication and ensure an effective outreach to the most vulnerable groups together with strategies to facilitate the recovery.
Tasks and Responsibilities
To this end, the international expert will carry out the following major tasks:
- Conduct research on best practices and lessons learned from other countries and which steps governments adopted during a public health crisis and their recovery plans;
- Draft recommendations for Kosovo politicians on strategies and actions to promote democracy and social well-being during and after the COVID-19 outbreak;
- Prepare a manual for the review and approval of the GS;
- Based on the feedback from the GS, prepare a final manual.
- The international expert will report to the Senior Programme Officer, work closely with members of the Governance Section team and shall submit the following deliverables:
- First draft manual with recommendations (beginning November 2020 )
- Final draft report manual (beginning December 2020)
- Timely submission of the first manual to the Governance Section team;
- Timely submission of the final manual. The Governance Team will confirm the quality of deliverables submitted by consultant;
- Availability for online consultations (audio/video) during the hiring period;
- Effective and efficient communication with the Governance Section team;
- Flexible on possible new instructions to be taken into consideration which may derive from the GS team through his/her assignment;
- Timely submission of all the deliverables and other products that are foreseen with this TORs.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in capacity development preferably in the area of strategic planning and programmatic implementation
- Knowledge of disaster management techniques and strategies, knowledge of post-health crisis recovery plans would be an asset
- Sound knowledge of government institutions in Kosovo desirable
- Knowledge of good governance and social science highly preferred
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Political studies, Social Science, international development or related fields
- Previous experience in design of practical manuals or guidelines in the area of development planning and analyse data regarding success stories will be considered an asset
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in developing country and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset
- Excellent writing and communication skills, including facilitation, oral presentations, writing sections of papers, briefs, independent reports
- Excellent knowledge of English, both written and spoken
Remuneration will depend on the qualifications and experience of individual experts as well as the detailed work plan to be agreed upon and will be based on the current OSCE consultancy rates.
How To Apply
In order to apply for this position you must complete the OSCE's online application form, found under https://jobs.osce.org/.Applicants are encouraged to use the online recruitment and only fully completed OSCE applications will be accepted. However, if you have technical difficulties with the system you may use the offline application form found under https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/offline-application-form and forward the completed form quoting the vacancy number by e-mail to: email@example.com. In line with your qualifications please indicate preference to one or more field of expertise listed above (while using the online application the field of expertise preference can be indicated in the cover letter part). Kindly note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form or in other languages than the English language would not be considered. The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and socialbackgrounds to apply