Project Title: Charity Shop for youth employment and environment protection Funded by the European Union Office in Kosovo
NOTICE OF INVITATION FOR RECRUITMENT
Title: Graphic Designer for Projects Visibility Materials
Performance period: 25 Working Days
In the context of the EU-funded Project “Charity Shop for youth employment and environment protection” YMCA MOVEMENT- YMCA LEVIZJE as the implementing organization is launching a Notice of invitation for a Designer to design the project's visibility materials.
Background and Justification
YMCA MOVEMENT organization is a member of the YMCA Europe Federation and a representative of the YMCA World in Kosovo. We stand for the Empowerment of Youth in the World.
At the moment in Kosovo we are present in 11 locations with over 1200 young people, where we have 5 youth centers in Prishtina/Pristina, Gjakova/Djakovica, Peja/Peć,Junik, Deçan/Dečani, and Rahovec/Orahovac.
The organization also has a program that runs in the model of social enterprise called Charity Shops. We have one shop in the municipality of Gjakova/Djakovica and one online shop in which recyclable products/goods are sold in order to protect the environment and raise funds to support and employ young people in Kosovo.
This project aims to establish the Charity Shops concept in Kosovo as a tool for youth employment and environment protection. Therefore contributing towards building capacities of youth and people with special needs by employing them through social enterprises. The purpose of this project is to create a culture of recycling by working towards SDG13.
Scope of Work:
1. Goal and Objective: Under the supervision of Project Manager, the Designer will assist YMCA MOVEMENT with all graphic design responsibilities including layout, branding, visuals, and promotional elements for the project.
2. Provide details/reference to areas covered: This covers the projects' wide range of products and promotional elements needed for the project to be implemented, including digital and physical prints and
3. Activities and Tasks:
- Deliver relevant and innovative project brand elements;
- Translate projects needs and branding guidelines into designs;
- Design elements to communicate the project;
- Layout and design of elements in the required formats;
- Assist in the printing, sizing if required;
- Lead the design process for electronic and physical elements;
- Provide modern, relevant design for target audience (young people training);
4. Work Relationships: The designer will report to the Project
5. Outputs and Deliverables:
- Design creative and innovative Project Logo;
- Design Project elements: Banners, Billboard, Posters, Pens, Notebooks, branded merchandise;
- Design visual and editable templates for various social media outlets (FB, Instagram, );
- Selecting color palette, fonts, layouts and images;
- Design the elements for Green Hero training: Hoodies, banner and branded merchandise;
- Design the external signage of the Charity shops: Windows, Sign, Chalk Board,
- Design interior branding elements: uniforms, labels, posters, Signage, instructions;
- Design branding wrap for outdoor containers for donations;
- Design visuals following the donor brand guidelines for use on the website, media channels and any printable items;
The designer is expected to have:
- Solid knowledge of design and visual principles,
- Ability to communicate design choices clearly,
- Excellent written and spoken Albanian and English,
Qualifications and skills
- At least a bachelor degree in, Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, or associated fields;
General professional experience
- At least 3 years of professional experience in the field of graphic design
- Basic knowledge of InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Adobe After Effects and other designing software.
- Understanding of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography, print, and the web
Specific professional experience
- A strong portfolio of illustrations of prior designs.
The full offer, exclusively drawn up in English, must reach the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 28.01.2021 at 10:00 (local time)
This invitation has been produced with the assistance of the European Union. The contents of this invitation are the sole responsibility of YMCA MOVEMENT and can in no way be taken to reflect the views of the European Union.