POSITION: FINANCE OFFICER
Action for Mothers and Children, AMC, is a non-for-profit foundation with the foremost goal to save the lives of children and improve the health care for mothers in the Republic of Kosovo through developing better systems for the care of pregnant women, and their children.
We believe that every child and mother have the right to a healthy life, regardless of where they are or what means they have.
By developing and implementing programs that improve the health care of mothers and their infants, the number of children who die unnecessarily can be substantially decreased. We aim to focus on the development of sustainable, high quality, and capacity building health care programs for mothers and children in Kosovo.
We are currently recruiting a Finance Officer to join our team. We at Action for Mothers and Children are determined to save lives and improve the quality of life of mothers and children in Kosovo. We support and fund projects and activities in the following areas: health education programming, research programs, advocacy programs and supply programs.
WORK DUTIES MAY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Registration of purchase and sales invoices and all other expenses in the accounting software program QuickBooks;
- Preparation of payment forms for rent and tax rent as well as payment processing;
- Preparation of financial reports required by law;
- Responsible to comply with legal requirements for applicable taxes in Kosovo;
- Supervision of the process in case of eventual control by the tax authorities and donors;
- Data recording will take place from the beginning of each fiscal year;
- Preparation of financial reports regularly and as per donor request;
- Preparation of a 3-month report according to the organization's financial format;
- Petty Cash balance & management;
- Annual budget planning and reviews;
- Maintenance of daily transactions to ensure budget spending is in line with agreed planning for each program;
- Payment of invoices, financial duties to AMC employees and third parties;
- Prepare, process, and register payroll;
- Participate in budget planning for every grant application with program coordinator and executive director;
- Regular communication and updates with the programmatic staff assigned with implementation of activities;
- Participation on trainings as per donors’ request;
- Facilitate and ensure finalization of annual auditing process for AMC finances;
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS Degree in Economics or a related field;
- Prior experience in the finance sector is required;
- Training and/or experience with QuickBooks;
- Knowledge of laws and regulations pertaining to payroll processes;
- Knowledge of administrative techniques, including principles of organization, budgeting, and personnel administration; accounts payable and receivable;
- Ability to work with diverse individuals and groups on complex community issues;
- Willingness to engage in continuous learning and training;
- Demonstrated professional aptitude;
- Excellent knowledge of English;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Be highly-organized and multi-tasker;
- Effective written and verbal communication skills;
- Teamwork skills and ability to work under pressure.
Parallel to an attractive salary, AMC offers you a healthy workplace and you will have our full support if you want to further your own personal development.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a Motivation Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Finance Officer” no later than April 15th, 2021.