Host Entity UNICEF
Country Kosovo (UNSC 1244)
Duty Station Pristina (KOS)
Language Skills English, Albanian, Serbian
Start Date Immediate
Duration 12 months with possibility of extension
Application Deadline 04 October 2020
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of Child Rights Monitoring Specialist, the Field Monitoring Officer will:
- Conduct regular field monitoring visits for the distribution of UNICEF’s supplies and other materials in response to the COVID-19 situation
- Support UNICEF Kosovo Office with the compilation of information for the UNKT Socio-Economic Recovery Task Team
- Provide technical support to the Office of Good Governance/Office of Prime Minister for the monitoring of implementation progress reporting on the Action Plan for the Child Rights Strategy (2019-2023)
- Assist with budget expenditure and other data collection for costing studies and analysis for UNICEF programming
- Support with the implementation of field monitoring activities for all UNICEF Kosovo sectors
- Assist with the promotion of U-Report platform and mobilization of adolescents and young people
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
Required degree level: Master degree or equivalent
Education - Additional Comments:
Masters’ degree in development studies, economics, statistics, social studies or other related fields.
Required experience: 48 Months
- Four years of professional experience in data management, analysis and communications, knowledge management, development programmes and other related fields.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the key issues involved on programmes on social inclusion, inclusive education and youth engagement ;
- Ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners organizations including institutions and authorities; Disability Persons Organizations and Civil Society Organizations;
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc), social media, and others;
- Ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners organizations, and authorities at different levels.
- Previous experience as a volunteer and/or experience of another culture, (i.e. studies, work, internship) would be highly regarded.
English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Albanian(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Serbian(Optional), Level - Working Knowledge
Area of expertise: Other development programme/project experience, Monitoring and evaluation
Driving license: No