Vacancy Announcement for Up to Youth Facilitators
- Positions: Facilitators three (3)
- Project: Up to Youth
- Application Deadline: August 20th, 2020
- Preferable starting Date: September 14th, 2020
NGO Peer Educators Network (PEN) advertises vacancy announcement for the three (3) positions “Facilitators” in Up to Youth Activity.
Under the supervision of Objective 2 Team Lead and PEN Project Coordinator, facilitators will be responsible for:
- Attending training of trainers (TOTs) of one to two days in length before the implementation of each training module;
- Conducting 4 sets of trainings per municipality and age group per year – approximately 24 trainings each year in all three (3) municipalities in their cluster, in coordination with Up to Youth field-based Project Officers and other Up to Youth staff; Length of each training will be 12 hours (two days) to 18 hours (three days) depending on the topics. Interactive engagement of participants including discussions, learning exercises, role play, and other interactive activities that are designed into Up to Youth trainings;
- Selection of training dates in coordination with Up to Youth team and participants;
- Providing information regarding the training participant attendance and performance as per request of Team Leads;
- In coordination with Team Leads and Project Coordinators prepare all relevant physical materials in accordance with training needs;
- Ensure relevant MEL documents (pre/post surveys, evaluation forms, attendance sheets) are completed during trainings;
- Provide training feedback as part of regular after-action reviews of trainings;
Provide any other assistance related to the implementation of the trainings, as per the request of Objective Leads.
The facilitators will be responsible for delivering 4 sets of trainings per municipality and age group per year – approximately 24 trainings each year. Length of the training will be 12 hours (two days) to 18 hours (three days) depending on the topics. Trainings will begin Septem ber 2020 and run through approximately December, 2023 in all three Clusters.
Required Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are required of the facilitator:
- University degree in social sciences, education or relevant field would be an advantage;
- Good knowledge of Serbian language or any other local language will be an asset;
- Over four years’ experience delivering trainings on similar topics or trainings for youth;
- Good communication skills, presentation skills, team working, organizing and problem solving skills;
- Good planning and time-management skills;
- Ability to learn quickly, meet deadlines and work under the pressure; and
- Able to work in a multicultural environment;
- Flexibility and technology-friendly, ability to facilitate online trainings as needed;
- Preference will be given to facilitators living in the Up to Youth partner municipalities (Hani i Elezit / Elez Han, Kaçanik / Kačanik, Viti / Vitina, Mitrovicë Jugore / Južna Mitrovica, Vushtrri / Vučitrn, Skënderaj / Srbica, Istog/k, Klinë/a, and Gjakovë / Đakovica).
Interested candidates are kindly requested to submit CV and a Cover Letter containing information on how the applicant’s background and experience are relevant and suitable to the requirements of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of the email should be “Facilitator”.