On Call DRIVER IN KOSOVO, PRISHTINA
- Position: Driver / On Call
- Starting date: ASAP, 12 months with possibility of extension
- Country Programme: Kosovo
- Base: Kosovo, Prishtina
- Line Manager: Procurement and Logistics Officer
About the role:
Under overall supervision of the Procurement and Logistics Officer, the Driver will ensure transportation of people and goods in day-to-day work, and will report directly to Procurement and Logistics Officer for any activity, administrative or mechanical matters in terms of vehicle and transport.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Transport PIN staff and goods, and ensure their safety during the transportation.
- In the event of mechanical problems or accident, immediately inform the line manager.
- Ensure that only authorised persons are transported, i.e.: PIN personnel, persons working (temporarily) for or in collaboration with PIN.
- Ensure that any travel in vehicles and any transportation of non-PIN persons and/or goods has been approved by the line manager.
- Must drive carefully, comply with the transport rules and the applicable speed limits.
- Ensure that the assigned vehicle is kept in clean and good condition, in accordance with rules defined.
- Perform vehicle check as defined in the Logbook.
- Ensure that all administrative arrangements are made for the assigned vehicle.
- Correctly complete and update the Logbook.
- When making deliveries, deliver the shipping documents to the recipient, check the condition of the goods delivered.
Suitable candidates for this position should possess:
- Minimum 10 years active driver
- High School
- Valid of driving license and possess a car
- Technical skills to assist in vehicle maintenance
- Spoken English
- First aid course is required
People in Need offers:
- Working environment in a well-established and growing humanitarian and development organization
- Salary and benefits according to PIN Kosovo Salary Scale and HR policies
How to Apply:
Are you interested in this position? Send us your CV (no longer than 4 pages) and short cover letter via this link. Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies).