- Driver-Clerk - (2101015)
- Grade: G3
- Contractual Arrangement: Temporary appointment under Staff Rule 420.4
- Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 1 year
- Job Posting: Mar 4, 2021, 3:44:59 PM
- Closing Date: Mar 28, 2021, 11:59:00 PM
- Primary Location: Pristina
- Organization: EU_KOS WHO Office, Pristina
- Schedule: Full-time
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The WHO's Health Emergencies Programme (The Programme) aims to build the capacity of Member States to manage health emergency risks, and lead and coordinate the international health response to contain outbreaks and to provide effective relief and recovery to affected populations.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
As part of the WHO Health Emergency Programme Team, to provide a variety of tasks related to the transport of authorized personnel, goods and supplies as well as other routine logistics/clerical tasks.
- Driving of office vehicle/s, cross-country, in country or other countries when required, for the transport of hub team/country office staff and other authorized personnel on official duties with due regard to time schedules. Applies knowledge of driving regulations, safety requirements, traffic and conditions and most desirable routes to minimize travel time.
- Assists passengers in entering or leaving the office vehicle; load and unload baggage, parcels, documents, goods or supplies.
- Logs official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc.
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned office vehicle/s, keeping them in good working order; checks oils, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc., performs minor repairs and arranges for other repairs and ensures that the office vehicle is kept clean.
- Takes suitable precautions for the security of the office vehicle and its contents when left unattended. Ensures that the office vehicle is properly kept (in the garage or on the secured cark park) during non-working hours.
- Ensures that all rules, regulations and local requirements are adhered to in the event of involvement in an accident.
- Provides logistical assistance to the country office staff and international visiting experts and consultants: visas, air tickets, customs formalities, hotel accommodation and transportation.
- Meets official personnel at the airport when necessary and facilitates immigration and customs formalities as required.
- Assists with office maintenance, printing, scanning and photocopying of documents, logistics in connection with meetings and other events.
- Delivers and collects mail, documents and other items when required.
- Makes minor purchases and collects urgently required goods from local suppliers on demand.
- Performs other related duties as required by the functional supervisor.
Essential: Completion of secondary school or equivalent. Driver's licence.
Essential: At least four years' work experience as a driver; safe driving record.
Desirable: Experience in WHO/UN agencies
Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact with officials with tact and diplomacy. Knowledge of driving rules and regulations and chauffeur courtesies, skills in minor vehicle repair. Knowledge of the local context, customs procedures, rules and regulations.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at EUR 13,191 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.