The Swiss Programme for Research on Global Issues for Development invites interested parties to develop idea notes for producing research-based short films for feeding into debates related to the 2030 Agenda for a global sustainable development. Submission deadline is on 30 September 2020.
During the first phase of the Digital Storytellers (DST) project, 22 video-clips were produced capturing contributions to the 2030 Agenda in partner countries. All video-clips were produced based on footage collected by researchers during their fieldwork with the support of a professional filmmaker (see links to video-clips on www.k4d.ch and the DST project page of the first phase) .
The second phase of the Digital Storytellers has the objective to produce short films that convey clear key messages in view of research contributions to the 2030 Agenda and address specific target audiences, i.e. following clearly identified dissemination opportunities (see link to Call document with all relevant information). These short films should benefit from the footage collected during the first phase of the DST project as well as other film material produced in the r4d programme.
The selection process for the Digital Storytellers second phase has two steps:
- The call for idea notes aims at clarifying the potential use of the available film material and the potentially emerging messages. The idea notes outline steps for producing and disseminating short films as contributions to working towards the Sustainable Development Goals of the 2030 Agenda.
- The submitted idea notes will be evaluated by the r4d Steering Committee, composed of representatives of the two funders SDC and SNSF. It will select a small number of idea notes for preparing full proposals for short films. For the preparation of full proposals, the r4d programme will make fully available the existing film material.
The call for idea notes is now open to experienced filmmakers, producers and distribution companies. Questions related to the submission and evaluation procedures can be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org until 31 August 2020. The idea notes have to be submitted electronically, using the template provided in the Call document, by 30 September 2020, 12.00h CET, to email@example.com.
- 30 September 2020: Deadline for submitting idea notes
- 27 October 2020: Selection of idea notes and invitation for full proposals
- 30 November 2020: Deadline for submitting full proposals;
- 8 - 10 December 2020: Interviews with applicants;
- 11 December 2020: Selection of proposals
- January 2021: Contracting and start of mandates