Regional Network for Cultural Diversity (READ) Call for Applications
Support of intercultural projects
Deadline for submission : 10.02.2021
Regional Network for Cultural Diversity (READ) announces this Call for Applications to provide support to CSOs to strengthen intercultural capacities of CSOs to better advocate reconciliation, intercultural cooperation and tolerance through the first Sub-Grant Scheme Cycle LOT1: Support of intercultural projects awarding 15-17 small grants to CSOs from Albania, Kosovo, North Macedonia, Serbia and Turkey.
The Open Call 1“Support of intercultural projects in five countries” aims to promote cross-cultural cooperation in the region. The purpose of this call is to promote literature, reading and cultural diversity. The objective is to widely disperse support to a number of grassroots cultural initiatives across the countries and to promote their networking and cooperation.
The key objective of the intercultural projects is to promote cross-cultural cooperation in the region. Beyond this key criterion, a wide variety of projects will be eligible for funding. Whilst the focus will be on the literary arts and artists, a variety of other cultural and artistic initiative would be considered for support, including but not limited, music, theatre, audio and video production, multimedia, and so forth. READ will provide support to CSOs to perform initiatives within their native countries, by awarding small grants that will contribute to achieve the following overall objectives:
- To strengthen intercultural capacities of CSOs to better advocate intercultural tolerance;
- To promote the regional circulation of cultural and creative works and regional mobility of cultural and creative players, in particular artists;
- To contribute to audience development by engaging in new and innovative ways with audiences and improve access to cultural and creative works in the region and beyond with a particular focus on children, young people, people with disabilities and underrepresented groups
- Promoting the regional circulation and mobility of cultural and creative works and artists to reach out new audiences;
- Strengthen audience development as a means of improving access to regional cultural and creative works and tangible and intangible cultural heritage and extend access to cultural works to children, young people, people with disabilities and underrepresented groups;
- Foster capacity building through innovative approaches to creation, develop and test new and innovative models of revenue, management and marketing for the cultural sectors, in particular as regards the digital shift, and developing new skills for cultural professionals;
- Enhance intercultural dialogue; promote shared EU values and mutual understanding and respect for other cultures.
- The available sub-grant budget is EUR 150.000 in total for three rounds in three years.
- For the first round available budget is EUR 51.000. Maximum sub-grant amount per applicant is EUR 3.000.
- Projects may not be implemented longer than 9 months.
Eligibility of Activities
Projects should promote cross-cultural cooperation in the region. Focus will be given on promoting literature, reading and cultural diversity. The following is the list of activities that will be considered as eligible for this Call for Applications:
- Literary arts and artists, variety of other cultural and artistic initiatives including music, theatre, audio and video production, multimedia and so forth;
- Activities aiming to promote positive values such as reconciliation, mutual respect, dialogue and intercultural understanding will be given a priority;
- Projects with regional dimension;
- Cooperation between at least two eligible countries will be considered as advantage.
Eligibility of Applicants
The applicants need to be:
- non-profit making;
- civil society organizations; directly responsible for the preparation and management of the project with co-applicant(s);
- registered in Albania, Kosovo, North Macedonia, Serbia or Turkey for at least 6 months before the date of publication of the call (23rd of December. 2020);
- working on one or more of the thematic areas of relevance of this Call for Proposals
Youth organizations will be given priority.