The organization YMCA MOVEMENT- YMCA LEVIZJE announces vacancy for one open position:
Camp Pjetershan Director
About the organization:
YMCA MOVEMENT is an organization based on the values of volunteerism that aims to inspire and encourage leadership among young people and assists in healthy community development. YMCA MOVEMENT is a full member of the YMCA Europe Federation. YMCA it’s the first youth organization in the world founded in 1844.
Job location: Pjetershan village, Municipality of Gjakova
Duration: 1 year with possibility of extension (full time)
Develops, organizes implements and leads a high quality all year round camp program, supervises staff, monitors activities, policy and procedures, interacts effectively with staff, parents and supervisor, and adheres to written budgets to foster individual growth and development of the children and youth at the YMCA. Manages the summer camp site, assists with day to day camp operations and maintains a supportive, positive atmosphere that welcomes and respects all individuals.
The Camp Director supported by staff is responsible for developing and coordinating outdoor education, teambuilding, environmental education, conference, retreats, school programming, outdoor connect and all adventure programming offered at camp.
He/she develops plans in consultation with the Leadership team of the YMCA to develop and market all programs and facilities offered at the camp on a year-around basis. The Camp Director also ensures the highest quality in camp programs, including summer and fall-winter-spring programs.
- Manages, directs and coordinates the YMCA Camp Pjetershan. Ensures high quality programs through implementing YMCA camps, school camps and CSOs programs.
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed to ensure adequate and quality supervisor of children and effective implementation of quality Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
- Manages and controls budgets related to the position. Ensures program operates within budget and that program fees are collected. Supports and budgets for healthy eating through coaching, mentoring, and monitoring menu quality.
- Assures compliance with national and local government regulations as they relate to program Ensures that YMCA program standards are met and safety procedures followed.
- Maintains and ensures compliance with written activity schedule, food menu, fire drills, incident/accident reports and other forms of parent and staff communication.
- Provides for upkeep of assigned program facilities and equipment and ensures the physical environment supports healthy living.
- Develops and maintains relationships with schools, CSOs, government institutions and international agencies.
- Develop and maintain relationships with international YMCA network (Frost Valley YMCA, YMCA Fairthorne, YMCA France, YMCA Finland, YMCA USA, Y’s Men Denmark, etc).
- Facilitates collections and the provision of financial aid, individual donations in a responsible and consistent manner as assigned.
- Develops and implements marketing and promotion plan recruiting Summer-Fall-Winter-Spring groups.
- Develops and implements new and existing programs.
- Maintains accurate statistical records and necessary reports.
- Assists with the operation of the camp in other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
YMCA competences required:
Inclusion: Ensures all staff model and apply cultural competency and global awareness in youth development work.
Relationships: Provide structured opportunities for staff and parents/caregivers to work together towards common goals for children and youth. Develops partnerships between staff and parents and community organization in order to maximize program impact.
Communication: Offers ongoing communication with parents and caregivers as partners around program goals. Ensure staff understand and apply appropriate listening and speaking techniques when working with children and youth.
Developing Others: Provides ongoing training and resources around child and youth development techniques and strategies for staff.
Quality Results: Actively implements regular evaluations of program goals and outcomes.
Project Management: Reviews program plans and records to ensure that they are consistent with evidence based practice.
Functional Expertise: Uses best practices, guidelines and method of youth development in daily work. Recognizes the social, emotional and cognitive and physical stages and milestones every child and youth experience during their journey in YMCA camp.
- Extensive related experience of minimum 5 years. Preferred experience in managing, developing, implementing, administering camp or youth programs.
- Bachelor or college degree (preferred in social science, economy, management, etc.)
- Background in science, non-formal education, environmental education, or outdoor recreation.
- CPR and First Aid certifications.
- Demonstrated skills in group process, and the ability to recruit, train and supervise staff and volunteers
- Ability to present a positive image for staff, participants, colleagues, supervisor and the community.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Ability to demonstrate considerable skills and experience in program leadership and management.
- Flexible and willing to adapt to changing needs
- Strong interpersonal skills and team oriented
- Being familiar with Child and Youth Protection and SEEA concept.
- Must have a personal philosophy compatible with the purpose, mission and core values of the YMCA.
- Completes all pre-employment requirements including background checks.
- Open to work in different time schedules.
- Open to travel nationally and/or internationally.
- Ability to work at various program locations preferred.
- Category B driving license.
How to apply:
Interested candidates / please send a CV, a motivation letter and the confirmation from the court that you are not under investigation to the email address: email@example.com.
In the subject of the email please write the position which you are applying for.
Applications are accepted until 15.04.2021, all applications submitted after this date will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Note: The YMCA Movement is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at YMCA will be based on merit, volunteering experience, qualifications, and abilities. YMCA does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.