The American School of Kosova is looking for a full time 3rd grade teacher for the next academic school year 2020-21 with the possibility of extension. If you are passionate about teaching and learning and sharing your passion with students, we would love to meet you!
- Demonstrates mastery of related subject matter, instructional skills, and resource materials for course(s) taught.
- Creates lesson plans, aligned with standards, which drives instruction through formative assessment and differentiation.
- Maintains a safe, organized classroom, which supports students’ independent learning, collaboration and choice.
- Provides a variety of assessments and uses assessments for planning and instruction
- Provide consistent, immediate feedback to student learning and ask analytical questions that elicit students’ responses that incorporate prior knowledge, life experience and interests that are directly related to the content objective.
- Monitor and maintain a positive classroom environment that supports the school wide behavior expectation in which most students are engaged, incorporates mutual respect and provides cooperative learning opportunities.
- Uses available technology/instructional media to enhance the students’ learning experiences.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate relationships with students, parents, staff, and community members by communicating in a tactful, courteous, and confidential manner.
- Appropriately communicates and interacts with other professional staff in academic planning and school committee work.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and extra-curricular/school related activities and committees.
- Advanced communication skills in English language
- BA/MA from the Faculty of Education, department of Pedagogy
- Evidence of teaching license or completed program of educational pedagogy
- 2 years teaching experience, preferably in an international setting
- Openness to learn and adapt to a dynamic and collaborative staff of educators
- Empathy to care for students
- Ability to control a classroom
- Great organizational skills
- Great communication and listening skills
- Ability to communicate issues to parents
The ideal candidate is a professional educator who strives to create an environment of learning that fosters self-discipline and enthusiasm within the classroom and throughout the school. He or she has an emotional intelligence that allows professional reflection and a high level of collaboration with colleagues. The ideal candidate is capable of communicating effectively and respectfully with all members of the community.
Qualified candidates should send their resume and a cover letter to: email@example.com latest by June 20, 2020.